The health of your child is important. A Kidz Clinic provides high quality primary care medical services for patients from birth to 21 years of age. The Clinic has a nurse practitioner who provides routine and preventive care, as well as care for more complicated or chronic conditions.
A Kidz Clinic provides comprehensive primary care services, including the following, to help maintain the best health and well-being for your child.
- Preventative services such as well child exams, school or sports physicals, immunizations, health screenings;
- Newborn Care;
- Visual acuity testing, spot vision screening to detect eye conditions at early stages, and Hearing Services;
- Acute and chronic care such as sick visits, chronic disease management, follow-ups, minor trauma, strep testing, specialist referral and coordination, and medication management;
- Lab Testing;
- Chronic care management (i.e. asthma, allergies);
- Patient and parent counseling of health, nutrition, safety, parenting and psychological issues
- Birth control and sexual health
- Minor dermatological procedures like wart removals or skin tag removals
- Autism and ADHD management
Dental health is important and prevention is the key to success. We are a preventive care clinic and offer comprehensive and thorough preventive services by a Registered Dental Hygienist. Your child should be seen by a Dental Hygienist every 6 months for a dental check-up and cleaning. During these appointments we will:
- Take x-rays when needed (x-rays will be evaluated by a partner dentist) ***NEW PANORAMIC 3D X RAY*****
- Evaluate your child’s brushing habits and performance
- Educate and demonstrate proper brushing and flossing
- Give nutritional counseling, as it pertains to dental health
- Assess their risk for dental diseases (gingivitis, cavities, etc.)
- Assess need for orthodontic treatment (braces)
- Provide a thorough dental cleaning
- Apply prescription strength fluoride to strengthen and protect the teeth from cavities
- Place sealants when needed (sealants are FREE for all kids with a preventive appointment)
- Silver Diamine Fluoride application for severe decay
Dental visits are intended to help guide each child towards ideal dental health and prevent future dental problems. We strive to not only provide a quality service, but provide a positive experience for your child. It is important that their visits are enjoyable! Please, never wait for your child to tell you they are in pain to schedule their first appointment.
Behavioral and Mental Health
The health and wellbeing of your child is important. A Kidz Clinic offers school-based and community treatment services including groups, individual and family therapy.
Specializes in treatment for:
- Anger Difficulty managing anger, often feeling out of control or experiencing anger outbursts.
- Anxiety: Chronic worrying, restlessness, panic sensations, social anxiety.
- Bullying: Children/Teens impacted by bullying behavior including cyberbullying.
- Coping: Coping with stressful events or symptoms to improve mental health and functioning at school and at home.
- Depression: Irritability, low self-worth, sadness, anger, isolation, suicidal ideation, recent grade changes.
- Divorce/Blended families
Step-families Positive co-parenting Transitioning between households after a divorce or separation
LGBTQ Self-Esteem Transitioning as a middle school or high school student
- Grief: Families impacted by suicide and other sudden or unexpected death losses.
- Family issues: Conflict or issues that impact relationships within a family system.
- Foster-care: Children/Teens/Families impacted by foster-care placement.
- Stress: Chronic or acute stress related to changing families, history with upsetting events, academic or athletic pressure, financial burdens, other stressful events or triggers.
- Trauma: Children/Teens/Families impacted by domestic violence, child-maltreatment, neglect, sexual assault, suicide attempt or death loss, upsetting events.
Our Child and Adolescent Therapist provides a variety of clinical treatment options:
- Play and Child Therapy
- EMDR: This method involves moving your eyes a specific way while you process traumatic memories. EMDR's goal is to help you heal from trauma or other distressing life experiences.
Available for children ages 4 through 11 with therapeutic interventions such as: sand play, puppets, painting, imaginative play, role playing, storytelling, skill-building, implementing coping strategies, games.
- Adolescent-Centered Therapy
Available for 6th-12th grade students with therapeutic interventions such as: journaling, writing, drawing, skill building, developing coping strategies, painting, sand play, and other creative outlets to express feelings and solve problems.
- Group Therapy
Group Counseling Permission Form
- Family Therapy
Positive parenting strategies Family treatment
- Sibling Therapy
Available for all ages and can be especially helpful for children who have experienced divorce, grief or changes in family.