The health of your child is important. A Kidz Clinic provides high quality primary care medical services for patients from birth to 21 years of age. The Clinic has a nurse practitioner who provides routine and preventive care, as well as care for more complicated or chronic conditions.
A Kidz Clinic provides comprehensive primary care services, including the following, to help maintain the best health and well-being for your child.
- Preventative services such as well child exams, school or sports physicals, immunizations, health screenings;
- Newborn Care;
- Vision and Hearing Services;
- Acute and chronic care such as sick visits, chronic disease management, follow-ups, minor trauma, strep testing, specialist referral and coordination, and medication management;
- Lab Testing;
- Chronic care management (i.e. asthma, allergies);
- Patient and parent counseling of health, nutrition, safety, parenting and psychological issues.
Behavioral and Mental Health
The health and wellbeing of your child is important. A Kidz Clinic offers school-based and community treatment services including groups, individual and family therapy.
Specializes in treatment for:
- Anger: Difficulty managing anger, often feeling out of control or experiencing anger outbursts.
- Anxiety: Chronic worrying, restlessness, panic sensations, social anxiety.
- Bullying: Children/Teens impacted by bullying behavior including cyberbullying.
- Coping: Coping with stressful events or symptoms to improve mental health and functioning at school and at home.
- Depression: Irritability, low self-worth, sadness, anger, isolation, suicidal ideation, recent grade changes.
- Divorce/Blended families
- Positive co-parenting
- Transitioning between households after a divorce or separation has occurred
- Transitioning as a middle school or high school student
- Grief: Families impacted by suicide and other sudden or unexpected death losses.
- Family issues: Conflict or issues that impact relationships within a family system.
- Foster-care: Children/Teens/Families impacted by foster-care placement.
- Stress: Chronic or acute stress related to changing families, history with upsetting events, academic or athletic pressure, financial burdens, other stressful events or triggers.
- Trauma: Children/Teens/Families impacted by domestic violence, child-maltreatment, neglect, sexual assault, suicide attempt or death loss, upsetting events.
Our Child and Adolescent Therapist provides a variety of clinical treatment options:
- Play and Child Therapy
- Available for children ages 2 through 11 with therapeutic interventions such as: sandplay, puppets, painting, imaginative play, role playing, storytelling, skill-building, implementing coping strategies, games.
- Adolescent-Centered Therapy
- Available for 6th-12th grade students with therapeutic interventions such as: journaling, writing, drawing, skill building, developing coping strategies, painting, sandplay, and other creative outlets to express feelings and solve problems.
- Group therapy
- Managing Me-A coping and social skills group for elementary school children
- #PINK- A coping skills, identity development and self-esteem building group for middle school or high school girls
- #BLUE-A coping skills, identity development and self-esteem building group for middle or high school boys
- Best Ever KidZ-A dialectical behavioral therapy group for middle school students (Co-facilitated with The Center for Mental Health)
- Best Ever TeenZ-A dialectical behavioral therapy group for high school students (Co-facilitated with The Center for Mental Health)
- Group Counseling Permission form
- Family Therapy
- Positive parenting strategies
- Family treatment
- Sibling Therapy
- Available for all ages and can be especially helpful for children who have experienced divorce, grief or changes in family.
Dental health is important and prevention is the key to success. We are a preventive care clinic and offer comprehensive and thorough preventive services by a Registered Dental Hygienist. Your child should be seen by a Dental Hygienist every 6 months for a dental check-up and cleaning. During these appointments we will:
- Take x-rays when needed (x-rays will be evaluated by a partner dentist)
- Evaluate your child’s brushing habits and performance
- Educate and demonstrate proper brushing and flossing
- Give nutritional counseling, as it pertains to dental health
- Assess their risk for dental diseases (gingivitis, cavities, etc.)
- Assess need for orthodontic treatment (braces)
- Provide a thorough dental cleaning
- Apply prescription strength fluoride to strengthen and protect the teeth from cavities
- Place sealants when needed (sealants are FREE for all kids with a preventive appointment)
Dental visits are intended to help guide each child towards ideal dental health and prevent future dental problems. We strive to not only provide a quality service, but provide a positive experience for your child. It is important that their visits are enjoyable! Please, never wait for your child to tell you they are in pain to schedule their first appointment.
Hours and Location
- August-May Hours:
- Mon: 10am-7pm
- Tues: 10am-7pm
- Wed: 10am-7pm
- Fri: 8am-5pm
- Summer Hours (June & July)
- Mon: CLOSED
- Tues: 7:30am-6pm
- Wed: 7:30am-6pm
- Thurs: 7:30am-6pm
- Fri: 7:30am-6pm
- View our Holiday Closure Schedule
- 360 E. 8th Street, Delta CO 81416
A Kidz Clinic is located east of the Delta Family Center and is on the Delta Middle School campus.
A Kidz Clinic accepts Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program), CHP+, and commercial insurance. We also have a sliding fee scale for self-pay patients, and we partner with Delta Family Center to assist families in enrolling in Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) and CHP+.